1986 Jeep Cherokee: Tail, Marker, Inst Lights suddeenly failed

Howdy from Mendocino County…

I have a 1986 Jeep Chereokee Pioneer (XJ???)2.8 v6 and …

All of a sudden the tail lights, marker lights, the instrument lights, and the door open when headlights are on buzzer quit working… (of course this was discovered at night far from home)…

I checked the fuse with a continuity checker, and it was OK, and I checked ALL the fuses just to be sure…

Is there a RELAY that has failed that i scommon to all of these failed circuits…???

I drove 250 miles round trip to the next county (Sonoma) to go to the big library to look this up, but no luck in finding what I needed, and al online auto help site via the library was even worse (the web site chassis wiring covers only power doors

and power seats (for some odd reason)

If you good folks can’t direct me straight to a relay or connector to look for, then a rightious schematic would be a big help…

I used to be a fire truck electrician, and can read wiring diagrams if only I could get my hands on the correct drawing…

Thanks in advance…

Long John

The factory wiring diagram for my 87 Ranger shows all those lights are fed from the main light switch on the dash & no relay.

I presume yours is the similiar.

If your headlights are working, the switch is getting power & the switch is probably shot on the output to the running lights.

You might find an online wiring diagram at autozone.com