Best of Deals Car Reviews Repair Shops Cars A-Z Radio Show

1975 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight - Woodgrain panels

Anyone know where I can get woodgrain panels for my car?

Your car doesn’t have woodgrain “panels.” It is a vinyl decal applied over the car’s paint. Long out of production, the site below should be able sell you reproduction material in a roll for you to apply and trim. I did not see your particular car listed.


Alternately find a shop that does wraps. They could probably match your original pattern.

Thank you for the advice.

Both of my suggestions are repeats of the two above, but if you want to see how this is done, there are some good video links in this BestRide story showing it (and the amazing results).

I think I read 30 years ago that lemon oil cleans them up if that’s the only issue.

As a (probably more expensive) alternative, I recently saw a ‘Wheeler Dealer’ episode about an old Jeep Grand Wagoneer, where they had a guy who replaced the woodgrain vinyl by hand painting a wood pattern. It was pretty convincing.

The original wood grain finish was a laminated decal called di-noc from 3M. Di Noc is still made. Contact 3m and see if they can point you in the right direction.