1969 Toyota Land Cruiser

Cars got catalytic converters in 1975…It was 1981 when “computers” were added. Vehicles classified as “trucks” escaped emission controls for a few years more…

81 ok

Thanks

I do like jeeps. Curious why you specified the "Chief"

You seem to be wanting a SUV type vehicle. Not too many around back then. Jimmy and Bronco were around also…but I liked the Cherokee from that era better.

10-4

Thanks

@badbearing

If you’re comfortable with the knowledge that this Toyota will be a major project which probably won’t be done soon, and may suck your wallet dry, go for it

It sounds like it might be a fun challenge

If they can’t find the title, do NOT fork over any money

If there’s anything funny about the title (salvage, flood, rebuilt, etc.) do NOT fork over any money

Yeah…They cant find the title

From what i seen i think i could fix the brakes and its a runner

Still undecided …

@badbearing

I’d be very hesitant to fork over money if they can’t find the title

These things sometimes turn out ugly in the end

It would be unfortunate if you bought the car, spent money to turn it into a gem, and then have some guy attempt to “reclaim” the car, now that he’s found the title

If you do buy it, can you use a bill of sale to get a clean title in your name?

I would also make sure there are no liens, tickets, etc. attached to the vehicle

I wont buy it without a clear title and if i do might not restore it just drive it. Summer toy. I think i can get it for 800

The current owners can apply for a duplicate title. Shouldn’t be that onerous to do. All they have to do is prove their identity, and if the title is listed with the state in their name, they can get a new one, then transfer it to you.

but as others have noted, if they can’t come up with a clear title, it should be a deal breaker. My wife works for the state dept that handles vehicle titles, and she has some real horror stories.