1 second gain

In fairness when it comes automotive modifications anything that can knock off an entire second in a 0-60 or 1/4 mile run for only $300 is basically magical. Most of time you’re going to be spending 5x-10x that amount to get that kind of improvement.

3 Likes

I think it was more like 30-60 mph

1 Like

that’s even more impressive.

1 Like

Still don’t know what this mystery car is…

Trolls never give out any meaningful information so don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

The two members posting the most replies to this thread have no interest in performance or modifications, what is the definition of a troll?

4 Likes

for the curious, the utoob vidyos say it’s popular in europe for turbo applications, made in germany.

it’s vehicle specific and a few cables plug inline with the intake, cam, pedal, and boost sensors.

it spoofs the output of those sensors to trick the ecu into adding more boost or whatnot.

one vid of an suv type vehicle shows 1/4 mile times of 18.599 sec. stock vs 18.083 with the sensor and pedal spoofers installed.

the person said it was about the same as an ecu tune / remap.

i did not see any dyno runs in a quick search.

2 Likes

Exactly, that’s what it’s about. I tested with an GPS application (not the most accurate) but useful to check for differences before and after installing of respective tuning box.
In my case it was about 1 second less for the intervals 50-100 and 80-120 kmh.
Related to dyno some guy that also installed the module posted on a Facebook group a dyno run where can be seen that torque increased in low RPMs.

is not about the car, could be any car, I was curios about other opinion related to timing only.

you didn’t understand my question. I’m not modifying cars every day and for the last 10 years. Due to this I’m asking for experienced one that already done it and used it for a long period of time and what were the benefit of it. Clear now?

I do understand your question, you don’t understand my answer.

bla bla… :slight_smile:

Well THAT pretty much covers this entire thread.

2 Likes

again you don’t understand, it was about everything you posted.
this thread is for something-else, not for your counting posts

I say it is about time to close this thread.

2 Likes

it’s an interesting idea but if i can do same or similar with a laptop tune i would not be interested.

SPAM ALERT!!!

2 Likes

you are very funny :slight_smile:
again, is not about the car, is not about the tuning box (could also be ecu remap or any other kind of tuning), is not about engine lifespan, it’s only about gained time and benefit of it in everyday driving.
can you understand this?

Actual posters come here to ask about their cars and things they are doing to those cars. Spammers come here to talk about add ons they’re selling. Like you’re doing.

1 Like

You should be able to feel that engine performance gain in daily driving, for a little while. Pretty soon you’ll adapt to it as the “new normal”, though. I imagine that tuner also adjusts shift points and throttle input as well (most do), which should enhance drive ability. This would be similar to clicking into “sport mode” on cars equipped with it. That may be more noticeable than the actual engine performance gain.

I’m assuming this is a good tuner and I’m basing my statements on that. No experience with this tuning setup myself.

1 Like