1 second gain

let’s say cost is not important for the moment :slight_smile: 1 second during an overtaking might mean life or death?

If one second is the difference in life or death then you need driving lessons more than a Magic Box.

6 Likes

Is not a magic box, is a real one :slight_smile: Of course I’m not looking for that kind of overtaking, but many things can happen during it, so you never know how that second would help, right?

1 Like

what do you care what anyone thinks? its your car. if it makes you happy and you want to waste your money. then keep it and make believe your a race car driver.

2 Likes

is not about race car driver :slight_smile: just to use that advantage in every day driving. So you don’t have a justified opinion about it?

Everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion.
Just because someone is giving you an answer that fails to conform to the response that you want, that does not make his opinion invalid.

2 Likes

In everyday driving for 50+ years, I have never faced a situation where 1 second more of acceleration time would have made the difference between safe and dangerous.

8 Likes

I don’t see in my feedback the conclusion taken by you. I was just asking about an opinion, if is not, no worries, that’s it.

Yeah, I’d say a one second gain between those two speeds is pretty decent. Lots of folks here are saying 1 second isn’t much, but 1 second is a lot in zero to 60 times and a pretty good chunk of time in a drag race. You’ve got to think if the engine’s power really has been increased enough to lessen that acceleration time you mentioned by 1 second, some of that power can be felt in daily driving. I think more power is a good thing, personally.

2 Likes

The device, at least for my Mustang, costs $300 and only conditions the accelerator pedal signal to the ECU.

In other words, it sends an enhanced throttle signal to the ECU to improve “response” by 10% but not ultimately power. Overpriced for limited, if any, benefit.

This entire line of questioning is starting to stink like a sales pitch (so spam).

2 Likes

Agree the farther it goes it the more it smells like \\ SPAM ///. :poop:

1 Like

Thanks! Nice to hear a feedback from an experienced driver

Thanks for your feedback!

Not spam. I just installed it for my car and I’m asking experienced drivers about respective gain if will make difference in everyday life, that’s it.
You looked only at PedalBox (for throttle enhance), but I’m talking about Power Control tuning box.

you are aggressive for no reason. if you don’t have comments on the subject itself, please feel free to skip this thread.

I also think you are a Spammer , just not a very good one . 300.00 USD for something that only gives you 1 second more acceleration . My money can be put to more useful purchases .

2 Likes

I just call it as I see it.

If your happy with the gain thats all that matters.

1 Like

I have been driving for 45 years, I have held racing licenses with 2 different organizations for 18 years, was a development driver for a major car manufacturer and still do track days for fun.

I stand by my statement.

You bought the device, did the testing and are living with the results. Why does it matter what I or any other member of this forum thinks of this? Seems you only need to please yourself.

2 Likes

I am glad you got a performance gain. I am an old fuddy duddy, work with what I have, and our cars are peppy enough that a one second gain would be insignificant to me.