04 intrepid

OK, LET ME START FROM BEGINING, BOUGHT THE THING 4 MONTHS AGO, RAN GREAT FOR A MONTH, THAN IT STARTED OVER HEATING THAN IT STARTED CHUGGING AND RUMBLING THAN IT KILLED OVER AND WOULDN’T START. AND WHEN I MEAN WOULDN’T START, I MEAN IT, REALLY TRYS TO BUT JUST DOSEN’T. WHEN I PUT KEY IN AND TURN IGNITION HALF WAY. SOMETIMES YOU CAN HEAR THE FUEL PUMP ENGAGE, AND SOME TIMES NOT. SO REPLACED THAT, (WHICH IS IN THE TANK). AND NO DIFFERENCE. ALSO REPLACED CAM SENSOR (WHICH WAS CHEWED ALL UP)THAN CAR STOPED OVERHEATING AND WOULD START BUT THAN RAN AT A VERY HIGH RPM. STARTED OVERHEATING AGAIN. ALSO CHANGED THERMOSTAT (WHICH IS ALSO A GREAT SPOT THEY PUT THAT) AND HOSES. CAR RAN OK FOR A DAY, THEN JUST DIED. NOW DOSENT EVEN TURN OVER AND WONT JUMPSTART EITHER. HAD CODE READER DONE AND GUY TELLS ME IT SHOWING THINGS WRONG THAT HAVE BEEN REPLACED, AND MAYBE ITS THE COMPUTER. DOES ANYONE TRULY KNOW THE ANSWER ON WHAT IS WRONG?? AND PLEASE NO GUESSES I AM PRETTY MUCH BROKE NOW.

OH YA ONE MORE THING. ANYONE NO ABOUT THE LEMON LAWS. CAN I JUST GO RETURN IT OR WHAT STEPS DO I HAVE TO TAKE TO DO SO? THANKS

I Think That “Chewed All Up” Cam Sensor Was Trying To Tell You Something.
The 2.7L engine has a timing chain (actually 3 chains). The 3.2L/3.5L has a timing belt. Either way, the cam position sensor goes into the timing belt/timing chain case. What was chewing on it in there? That’s what I’d want to know.

You probably should make sure you’ve got even compression on all cylinders (or any cylinders) and/or check the valve timing, but if the engine won’t turn I’d hold off on that so you don’t furrther damage something.

A bad water pump, belt, chain, chain guides, belt tensioner, or chain tensioner could cause lots of problems.

The combination of overheating and poor running suggest problems with the above mentioned items. The water pump is run by the timing belt or timing chain.

Which engine do you have? How many miles? Any previous service on a timing belt, chain guides, water pump, etcetera? Timing belts must be replaced at the manufacturer’s recommended intervals and water pumps can wear out.

What is going on with the engine coolant? Is the radiator staying full? Is coolant disappearing? Were you getting steam out the tailpipe? That high reving makes me wonder about coolant and vacuum leakage.

CSA

You’ve Posted This Question At Least 2 Other Times. You Bought This Car Used, Recently.
Do you know its history?

If you’ve got a timing belt and over 120,000 miles then you need to replace the timing belt now, anyhow. While you’re in there, there’s a good chance you’ll see what one of the problems is.
CSA

H. Fausett, I Have A Question For You. Why Do You Keep Posting The Same Question Here Several Times And Then You Don’t Respond? We’re Talking To You And Trying To Help You.
CSA