01 Hyundai Santa Fe engine interchangeability

I own a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS with the 2.7L V6 DOHC engine. I need to replace the engine and through research found that several other models of Hyundai’s and Kia’s seem to have used that engine during the same time frame 01-09. Does anyone know if any of them are interchangeable? I am likely going to get an engine from the junk yard and my possibilities for a lower mileage engine widen if I can use multiple models.

Junkyards have ‘interchange manuals’, I’d rely on what they say will exchange. I’d also want a guarantee of some sort to go with it.

Most auto recyclers subscribe to the Hollander Interchange service.

You just provide the make/model/year/engine/ and they can determine what engines from other vehicles will work.

Tester

Yes several engines may physically fit under the hood. The problem comes in then will they even bolt up to the transmission? Will it be compatible with the computer systems? Exhaust system? And all of this with even considering what the new engine may need, water pump, timing belt, other belts, motor mounts etc… You may be looking at a lot of money to do this.

Hollander should take all that into account.