2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport engine issues?

Does anyone have information about engine issues. I was told by one person that they are replacing a lot of engines, especially in the newer models. Any info on how it tows. Thanks

According to carcomplaints.com , the 2017 SantaFe has a lot of transmission issues,more than normal.The 2013 had the most engine issues. Its safe to assume that the engine issues were corrected in later model year. Towing capacity: 1,270 kg (2,800 lb)

The most recent redesign of the Santa Fe was for 2013. Every year through 2017 the reliability has been much above average for engine major, engine minor, engine cooling, transmission major and transmission minor, in fact every system rated by Consumer Reports based on their survey data. It is one of their recommended 2018 models.

“They are replacing a lot of engines” sounds like a statement made by someone who knows little but wants to sound like they have inside info. Modern day engineering and manufacturing have made that almost impossible for me to believe.

Who was this person and do they actually have facts to back that statement up?

My nephew who is a mechanic has a friend who works at a Hyundai dealership. Resa

I’d actually want to see some real data before I believe that…as in model(s), year(s), etc