Hemi MDS major problems

Rosie, if you have the “EVIC” --the blue display between the speedometer and tachometer–and steering wheel controls, press the inner most right hand control (not the radio volume one) up and cycle through until you see either “Vehicle Information”, “Status OK” , or “Warnings” Now press the left most control on the steering wheel up until you get oil pressure–should just be one press. Subsequent presses will give you oil temperature and tire pressures.

There is also a “hidden” menu that will give you coolant temp, battery voltage, a digital speedometer, oil pressure, and a lot of other adjustments–you can access it by pressing the two inner most buttons on the steering wheel down and holding them there for about 10 seconds until the display changes.

I don’t think the oil pressure gauge should be pegged on a cold start at idle. Mine typically has about 58-60 PSI indicated on the gauge when first started in cold weather. Once the oil warms, I get about 18-25 PSI at idle depending on how hot the oil is.

If your oil pressure is extremely high due to some kind of malfunction–and something as simple as a bad oil filter can cause this, it could cause problems.