1999 ford windstar rapid blinking anti theft light

jgree142

I found this on the internet, I made this repair fuse no longer blows
Although the fuse was blowing (not instantly) the car still started and ran but when you shut it off head lights would come on. Light started rapidly blinking after i unhooked battery cables and put a amp gauge in line between cable and pos post.to see with switch off how many amps were being pulled (because this is a hot line all time) about 10amp for a short time then dropped to 0. hooked cables back up and this is the problem that occurred (the not starting)

There is a technical service bulletin from Ford and here is the fix. Fuse # 16 is blown therefore the ignition off signal is not being sent to the front end module. Pin # 11 (Windstar wiring diagram) on wiring harness C-239 is shorted. The diagram will show you where the wire goes to a front harness on the fuse box from the back of the instrument cluster. I simply cut the wire at both ends and ran a new wire. I have a 1999 Windstar- hope this helps. I spent 2 weekends looking for this and finally figured it out- cost nothing to fix and only took about 30 minutes. It did take me about 3 hours to put the car back together though.