Confused...Are new Car Talk shows still being recorded?

From today’s show, #1248, Dec 1, 2012, before the first break:

And even though devoted Hostess fans jam their last remaining Twinkies into their ears whenever we say it....

Since the Hostess company made big news just a few weeks ago, this reference on the show clearly indicates that there are some parts of the show which are - for now - being recorded new. This seems like a plausible approach to keep it sounding fresh - recycle the calls, but spend an hour or so every few weeks recording some of this material, new intros, credits, etc. I presume that will slowly taper off.

I have to say that, while it’s obvious now that most calls are about cars which are 10 years old or older, I’m not detecting too many repeats. That surprises me given that I’ve been listening very regularly for at least 15 years, and a bit less regularly before that. Today’s calls for example seemed all new, except that I’m sure they were not - based on the cars discussed.

What I also find surprising is that I can’t detect any difference at all in Tom and Ray’s voices, which is usually pretty obvious with many broadcasters as they age.