Yaris instrument panel

My wife was thinking of getting one of this cars for her daily commute to work and when we went to look at them I noticed something a bit odd.

Who in the world was the bozo that came up with the idea of putting the instruments in the center of the dashboard?

Is anyone else as bugged by this as I am?

If you sat in the middle it might make some sort of sense.

If you don’t like it, walk away. This is a retro styling from such classics as the Jeep, original 60’s Mini Cooper, and others. Some like it, others, like you, don’t. So, just walk away.

In addition to being retro in style, this is a definite cost-saver for the manufacturers, and that is the REAL reason why they do it.

This way, they do not have to manufacture different dashboards for those countries that drive on the left side of the road and those that drive on the right side of the road. When you are marketing a car that is very inexpensive, a factor like this is significant to a manufacturer that is looking to reduce production costs.

Personally, I would not want to drive a car with the instruments in the center of the dash, but apparently many people don’t mind this arrangement.