Worst movie cars of all time? I vote Uncle Buck!

But I’m driving. They can take turns sitting in the middle. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This car from “The Burbs” deserves a mention although it is in no way the winner. It is an Uncle Buck type of car but not nearly as bad.

The worst movie car I think is the Bluesmobile from The Blues Brothers movie.

The Bluesmobile was a total hoopty as well so that is a good one.

Saw a 1980s era Chrysler New Yorker today with oversized rear shocks sagging so far down in the back that my immediate reaction was “bootlegger car!” :grinning: ( hey, I grew up in 1960s Oklahoma :stuck_out_tongue:)

How about this gem? You don’t even need to wonder if they are bootlegging as everything is right there exposed for you to see. They sure don’t build them like they used to! It just keeps on rolling even with all that damage. I hear those stories about the WWII planes flying back with most of the wings missing and such. This car reminds me of that. It is a real battleship.

1 Like

How about Planes, Trains and Automobiles?

I also like the scene from Tommy Boy where the deer wakes up in the back seat-

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles came up already. Yes, that is a good one. I highly doubt any car that caught on fire that bad would continue to drive like that but it was a movie after all. I know that was an older car but you would still think something critical would have been taken out. Once a car gets to burning like that it is usually toast.

And this one-

Yea…but that was actually a nice car before they started their road trip.

If we’re talking about cars that became crappier over the course of the movie…

1 Like

Someone should have bought this car from the impound lot and used it in a movie! http://jalopnik.com/5924130/how-was-anyone-driving-this-ridiculously-unsafe-car-on-the-highway/

The only issue might be that it would just fall into pieces like the Bluesmobile before it was supposed to.

Woah. That car looks very familiar, and I do live in MN. I think I’ve seen that thing, years ago. Either that one, or one a lot like it.

The frame on the one I’m thinking of was so jacked up that it crabbed down the road at about a 10 degree angle from its direction of travel.

That’ll buff out…

I guess our definitions of “nice car” differ…

How about “Ace Ventura Pet Detective”? It started out as a decent older model car but was pretty much destroyed by the time the movie ended? That could be said about many movie cars. They started out decent and then were trash by the end. “Animal House” and “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles” are examples of that. Some like “Uncle Buck” were just bad from the start.

I just recalled the beater Nova Eddie Murphy pulled up to the hotel in the movie Beverly Hills Cop.

“Can you put this in a good spot? ‘Cause all of this sh*t happened the last time I parked here.” – Axel Foley

How about the Joe Dirt movie car!

This thread really shows how cars have been such an important part of American culture for years and years. No wonder NPR’s Car Talk has been so successful for so long. I was thinking of that topic as I watched an episode of the early 1960’s sit com My Three Sons the other day. What with three boys in that family, cars and car topics abound. My how cars have changed since then. The oldest son has what looks like a 1932 Ford he converted to a two-seat roadster, used mostly to run errands & impress potential dates from what I could tell. No top, and no seatbelts. The younger son Robbie isn’t old enough to drive, but he has some sort of car-contraption, not sure if it is a car or just a motor, he’s fixing out in the garage. When he fires it up, smoke fills the garage so badly you can’t see anything hardly at all. This seems to be used as a humor element, not much concern about pollution then. Speaking of air pollution, you know what they do with their paper garbage? They take it out to the backyard and burn it!!!