Wont turn over with a brand new battery

I just replaced my old battery with a brand new one, i can tell its getting plenty of juice when i turn the key, but it wont turn over no matter what i do. I even walked to the gas station and added more gas just in case that was the problem but it didnt help? Is my fuel line frozen? Please help

What do you mean won’t turn over? What kind of car are we talking about?

the engine wont turn over…wont start. I thought maybe the distributor, frozen gas line (tank was near empty when it was turned off last), spark plugs?

its a 2002 nissan sentra se-r spec-v 6 speed standard with a 2.5

There are far too many possibilities. Battery installed in reverse, loose cables, bad chassis ground, bad clutch switch or igntion switch, dead starter motor, and so on. All we can say for sure is that the fuel system and ignition systems are not involved. You need to get help from someone who understands automotive electrical systems.

Won’t Turn Over=The engine does nothing when the ignition switch is turned to the start position.

Won’t Start=The engine cranks when the ignition switch is turned to the start position, but the engine doesn’t start.

Tester

schwilson- You’ve gotta help us to help you. Make, model, year, engine size , and current odometer reading. Get this info from your owner’s manual, if you have it. Also, as much as you can, a good description of any recent work done to your car. Alright, here’s what happens when you start up a car that’s running OK: You turn the key all the way, right? Then the engine turns over but it hasn’t actually started yet… A

couple seconds later the engine starts, and you let go of the key, right? Now the engine’s running. Can you see that the “turning over” part is different than the “starting” and running part? I’m not trying to be sarcastic. Please post back w/info requested or the best technician on this forum is helpless. (Ed already asked you what kind of car you had but you didn’t tell him.)

There has been a problem with the engine for a while, hasn’t there? Isn’t that why you replaced the battery? How was it running, before? // When an engine cranks (turns over) at a normal rate, and doesn’t start, either spark, or fuel into the engine is not there. Check for spark. Maybe, you have a buddy who can do that? Add fuel by spraying Starter Fluid into the black plastic intake tube. If it, then, starts and runs for a few seconds, that shows that fuel isn’t getting into the engine (through the fuel injectors). If the fuel pump isn’t pumping, that could be one reason. When you turn the key to START, the fuel pump should run for 2 seconds. Can you hear it run for 2 seconds (in the gas tank)? If you can, the dirty fuel filter could be blocking the fuel flow from the gas tank to the engine. If that is the case, change the fuel filter. Otherwise, call a mechanic. It could be quicker and cheaper in the short run.

Just making a few assumptions here but I assume your car would not start even though the engine was being physically cranked over by the starter. You replaced the battery as a wild guess and added gas as another wild guess.

Your first step is determining if you do not have fuel (through the injectors) or a spark at the plugs.
Loosen the intake boot or a vacuum line and spray some aerosol carb cleaner into the intake. If it starts for a few seconds then you know the problem is lack of fuel, which could be a faulty fuel pump or an electrical fault in the pump control circuits.

At that point then you’re going to need a small amount of mechanical expertise to track the why down or pay someone to do it for you.
There’s just not enough info here to get real specific.

Distrobutor or gas or spark plugs have NOTHING to do with a car not turning over. They all have something to do with the car starting once the car IS turning over.