Wipers stopped working 1996 Infiniti G20

Due to the freeze here in Chicago , the ‘right linkage rod’ disconnected or broke from the internal center pivot. (driver side left linkage rod is OK) I was able to access the linkage assembly underneath the vented cover and get to the problem. I cleaned it all up and was able to put the left rod back onto the pivot joint but it isnt secured. It is a ball and socket joint and it just pops off when i run the motor. How is this part secured? I didnt see any loose or broken parts in the chamber. I want to avoid having to buy the pivot itself if i can. For a 96 G20 were talking around 50-60$ Is there some type of ‘snap on’ or clamping device i can purchase? Can i just replace the right linkage rod(12$) which would have the proper attachment for the pivot? A prompt response would be very much appreciated guys ~please

You have to buy all new linkage. If a ball and socket pops out and won’t stay together anymore it is finished.

I was afraid that may be the solution…couldnt i just replace the left linkage rod with a new bushing? thanks for the reply Xeb’

I don’t have any visualization of your specific vehicles wiper linkage. If it is possible to only replace the small part that is broken then go for it. On most vehicles though, it’s all or nothing.

I just got off the phone with the parts dept of ‘Infiniti of Lisle’ (20 miles from here) They have the part in stock @ approx $19.95 ~wish me luck

here is an exploded illustration of this particular assembly. # 7 is what i believe that i need.

I did purchase the linkage rod needed and installed it last night(chilly but clear). The wipers works like a charm. In the pic you will see that the bushing was completely worn out , hence the malfunction.