Windshield Repair?

Managed to make it through almost 20
years of driving without a windshield issue so not we’ll versed when it comes to glass.

Anyone think this is worth getting repaired to stop spreading or you think it’s good? May be hard to tell but overall just seems to be a nick on the surface.

Appreciate any feedback.

Just a nick. Windsheild repair places can fill that depending on where it is. Or just ignore it, not a safety issue until or if it grows to a crack. I’ve had bigger that didn’t change for 10 years.

2 Likes

Pretty much center height just onto passenger side. And yeah that’s been my experience in the past. Had some similar small nicks and never saw them grow. Just wondering if it’s worth it to either do a home kit, take it to someone or just let it ride.

You will not be satisfied with a home kit. Just take it to. A glass shop. They can clean th3 wound and put it under a vacuum to fill it. Once it starts to crack it’s gone.

If you want it done right yes.

1 Like

If you live in an area with cold winters a chip like this can easily turn into a crack as the window is exposed to hot and cold so many times. It is a good idea to have it repaired now before cracking begins.

It doesn’t seem to have sharp tips that might act as a stress riser. I’d try to fill it with a repair kit.

A windshield replacement company will know the best action to take for repair vs replacement…

2 Likes

Check your car insurance. you may have free glass coverage. if so, it will be free to have a glass company fix it.

2 Likes