Will these actually "give out" & Is this a dangerous situation?

There are only 3 things that can happen to a bad wheel bearing that is driven to failure. 1 The bearing comes completely apart,and the wheel comes off. 2 The bearing seizes locking a wheel causing an uncontrolled swerve. 3 the seized wheel bearing can cut the spindle and the wheel comes off;

Do any of those still sound funny to you? By the way, when your Plymouth was spitting out rollers, you were feet not miles from one of those things happening to you. If you didn’t feel it was dangerous, why did you have it towed instead of driving it to the shop?

And these are the folks who are driving behind, in front of or towards us all every day in a 3000 pound projectile. Snicker? C’mon OP, get it fixed already. Rocketman

Not sure OP deserves this much criticism. He was dead wrong in his first post. 3 people told him he was wrong. Then he replied, explained why he had thought what he thought but finished with an indication that he was reconsidering.

I understand that not everyone can know everything about how a car works. As long as they’re willing to reconsider things when shown the facts, I’m OK with that.

What really bothers me is the way the OP seems to be amused by what could be a very dangerous problem.
Like I said, willful ignorance of the operation of one's car does not exist in a moral vacuum. I give you "exhibit a."