Will a resonator delete effect my truck

I have a muffler delete on my Ford F-150 and was wondering if a resonator delete Will effect my truck or add more horsepower

It will make your truck nosier that it is now. It will provide you with no horsepower gains at all.

It will upset your neighbors, the local police and your Mother won’t ride with you anymore.

7 Likes

I think that is the intent. Just like the high power amplifiers that make the body panels rattle.

3 Likes

Yes, but drivers who are
 suggestible
 will perceive that there is more power.
:wink:

3 Likes

Introducing the New and Improved Placebo Muffler! More Power! Better Mileage! Cures your acne!

Now with PREMIUM muffler bearings! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Does it still include the free bottle of blinker fluid too??? :star_struck:

3 Likes

YES
 For a limited time only! Order NOW and we’ll throw in a gallon of Double Premium blinker fluid!

4 Likes

Erick-30:
You don’t mention the year of your truck. But assuming it’s from within the past 25+ years, then as others have noted, reducing exhaust restriction will cause the ECM (computer) to change the air-fuel ratio to compensate for the reduced back pressure. As a result, you’ll likely feel no power difference.

In the older carburetor days, reducing exhaust restriction would help to improve power.

1 Like

Sorry it’s a 2013 v6 twin turbo charged

The Ecoboost isn’t going to be very loud even without a muffler, it’s two turbos do cancel out some of the noise. Also it’s not going to sound like a V8 no matter what you do. I’ve had two F-150 3.5L Ecoboosts so far. Great, great truck engine, gobs of low-mid range torque. But it doesn’t have a very inspiring exhaust note. I would actually try to avoid making it louder. My Mustang on the other hand will be getting a set of long tubes in the near future.

3 Likes

Hey, the photo says this is located in the blinker fluid aisle! :grin:

6 Likes

I want a blue tooth hose :wink:

2 Likes

And there are idiots everywhere going to their local Home Depot looking for one.

Just tell them that you’re sold out and have them check Lowes.

4 Likes

I got mine online from ‘Wish’.
Just waiting for it to clear customs.

2 Likes

Preorders for Christmas delivery?

2 Likes

The ECU isnt going to “change your AFR” as the AFR is closely maintained at 14.7ish (on most vehicles at cruising speeds) to comply with emissions and it definitely won’t make more power. It will definitely add more of that annoying “drone” to your exhaust note. It MAY also however make your turbos ever so slightly more responsive or you MAY loose some low end torque prior to the turbos spooling up. Honestly it depends on how much turbulence is in the resonator. Resonators by design arent very restrictive so don’t expect anything more than 100rpm quicker spool from a dead stop and maybe half a second at best spool time at cruising speeds. The turbulence however is taken into account when the exhaust is designed and with that being factored into the many other bends and various restrictions of your exhaust system they work together to promote scavenging at low RPM before the turbos spool up. This in turn draws in more fresh air and fuel improving low end torque. That loss of scavenging is partly why many people believe the ECU has something to do with loss of torque on the low end when modifying exhaust systems. It’s all purposely built to work together you see. The length of the intake runners compliment your cam profile and help force the intake air mass into the cylinder and the same goes for the exhaust and how they are designed to help pull exhaust out of the cylinder. Again though with how unrestrictive by nature a resonator is your not likely to notice any difference. It’ll just sound a little bit more ricy.

1 Like

Most folks think that
The louder the exhaust, the less manly the driver is.

You won’t get very many dates with a truck that sounds like that.

2 Likes

Even better when used with the new, platinum plated, high compression battery cables.

1 Like

It will take a while. They are shipped on unicorns from China.

Besides the acoustic trauma destroying your hearing.