Why won't my ignition fire?

I can not get my car to start after sitting for several days. It’s not the battery - that’s charged and it is not the starter - that’s barand new. The ignition won’t catch.

Boy they sure made a lot of different types of “Blazers” and there were different ignition and fuel systems offered, what type is yours? Pretend you are answering the Parts Counter guys questions, we must have the same information.

How do you know is is not the battery and how do you know the NEW starter is good. It makes me especially curious when you just changed the battery and you somehow know it is not the starter.

It would be nice to know what year, Blazer and how many miles on it. How about how long has it been since new plugs and wires? How about things like the fuel filter? I am not suggesting that those things are likely the problem, but it is good that we know what kind of maintenance your car has had.

It would also be very helpful if we know what exactly happens when you try to start it. How long have you had a problem etc.

Thank you for answering me- here is some more info. I don’t know the ignition type, but today my car started -finally. It sat through some wet weather after Christmas and would not start. Today is frigid -like 20 degrees. It started the first time AAARRRGGG. About 9 months ago I had some bad gas. I had the car fuel system pumped out and have had 2 new fuel filters since. I have been getting my gas ONLY from a reputible Mobil station since.

Thank you for answering me- here is some more info. I don’t know the ignition type, but today my car started -finally. It sat through some wet weather after Christmas and would not start. Today is frigid -like 20 degrees. It started the first time AAARRRGGG. About 9 months ago I had some bad gas. I had the car fuel system pumped out and have had 2 new fuel filters since. I have been getting my gas ONLY from a reputible Mobil station since. The Blazer is a 1999 and has about 120,000 miles on it. The battery was new in June ans was the starter - they have both been fine since then. The plugs and wires are about 24 months old. I have had the problem on and off for the past year. Between towing fees and maintenance fees, I’m broke.

Your 1999 Chevy Blazer, with 120,000 miles, has been having some kind of problem for the past year, hasn’t it? Someone diagnosed (guessed?) “bad fuel” 9 months ago, didn’t they? Maybe correctly, maybe not.
The fuel filter, this year, has been changed twice. If there were contaminants in the gas tank, that COULD be a reason to change the fuel filters; but, who knows?
A fuel pressure test will reveal if the fuel pressure, and fuel flow, are low. That would indicate a dirty fuel filter, or a weak fuel pump.
High humidity might have caused moisture to get into wiring and prevented starting. After things have dried out, during cold, dry days, it’s hard to say if ignition failure was from damp wires, or not. The fail-to-start might be a one-time thing.
YOU can help determine if there is a lack of spark by using a clip-on “spark tester” available at many auto parts stores. When the truck doesn’t start, clip on the spark checker, crank the engine, and watch for the flash (about every two seconds). Then, tell you mechanic the result.