Why used Nissan Leaf's are so cheap?

speaking of big-business . . .

ethanol/corn
petroleum

Just to name a few

That was by no means a mistake, when I “combined” two big businesses as one of my examples

:smirk:

Big Auto,petroleum etc; arent your freinds.

Big Auto, petroleum etc; aren’t your enemies.

I stand by what I say,THEY ARE FOR PROFIT! they are not altruistic.

Big Auto, petroleum etc; aren't your enemies.

They surely aren’t my friends.

Can you say Oil Spills…35,000 to 40,000 barrels PER DAY on US or off shore of the US.

How about coal pools that keep leaking and breaking because of NEGLECT. The list goes on.

If you hate them so much, then vote with your dollars and quit using their products. Nothing stands in your way from walking to work or riding a bicycle instead of driving a car that’s built so efficiently that the working class can afford to own one, and fueling it up with gasoline that’s available 24 hours a day at a price that’s a true bargain.
They have made energy so affordable that we actually refrigerate the homes we live in, a luxury that even royalty could not have dreamt of during colonial times.

If you hate them so much, then vote with your dollars and quit using their products

REALLY??? How do I stop my grocery store from having their food delivered by a truck that runs on gas/ How do I force the mailman to WALK instead of taking driving his truck to deliver the mail?

Really should stop and think before making a statement like that.

I’m NOT the one who says the Oil companies are there to help us. I’m just showing how stupid that statement was.

REALLY??? How do I stop my grocery store from having their food delivered by a truck that runs on gas/ How do I force the mailman to WALK instead of taking driving his truck to deliver the mail?

In other words, these corporations make your lifestyle possible.
You should be careful what you wish for.
Nothing stops you from living like the Amish. You just have to make a few sacrifices.

The stats I can find list about 120,000 barrels per year, or 400 barrels a day, on average over the last several years, probably before the gulf spill, which was terrible. But there isn’t 40,000 barrels a day going on. Where’d you get that number?

Deepwater Horizon spilled 4.9 million barrels, or about 13,400 barrels a day, still nowhere near 40,000…

We now have the best cars in history. What’s the complaint?

I guess he’d rather drive a Trabant.

We now have the best cars in history. What's the complaint?

As far as I can tell, it’s that “Big Corporations” make and sell them to us. Imagine how much more advanced and affordable cars would be today if all the small personal automobile builders were all small companies like Piper, Cessna, Mooney and Beechcraft. (sarcasm intended)

In other words, these corporations make your lifestyle possible.

I’m not a little corporate lackey like you. You just want corporations to do what ever they want without regard for human life,or our environment. And we should just be THANKFUL that they are there…WOW…Good for you. Great morals. You must be single and no kids or care about your kids future if you have any.

The stats I can find list about 120,000 barrels per year, or 400 barrels a day

Really??

http://www.desmog.ca/2013/04/05/average-250-pipeline-accidents-each-year-billions-spent-property-damage

So I had the opportunity to talk to someone that used to own a Leaf and apparently there is a lot of issues regarding range. Seems like 50 miles is more realistic as a safe range not to be stuck. This gets it off my list, because my daily drive is 55 miles and the only way to survive is to charge it at work too. The whole hassle is not worth it (for me).

Mike all I see in those references are to gallons. Divide your number by 42 and you’ll be closer to mine.

Not to put words in anyones mouth,but I think He implies,that the companies could do better and it would nice if We had more little companies,it would be kinda crazy to have aircraft mass produced by somebody like Chrysler in peacetime,vehicles would be expensive,but maybe We could have more Heirlooms.
My Librarian friend loves Her Leaf(it costs Her about a in dollar a week in electricity costs,She plans Her trips and uses the Dealers charger in town-Electric can work if you try to make it work)

Texases,I had a brain toot,I dont know if it happens now or not,but people used to very bad about burying used oil(one Guys logic was-It came from the ground,I’m just putting it back,the people I slaved for for 26 years are rich,while I’m poor,I even used to pay to recycle mine)

Not to put words in anyones mouth,but I think He implies,that the companies could do better and it would nice if We had more little companies

They could do a significant better job…but REFUSE to. The BP spill was all human error with them purposely ignoring the safety features because it would waste too much tie and cost too much.

And it’s still leaking

The Duke Energy coal coke spill was again due to negligence…

“If a terrorist group committed in North Carolina – for ideological reasons – a crime that Duke Energy has committed for profit, our nation would consider it an act of war against our country,” said Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., President of Waterkeeper Alliance. “Duke could have avoided contaminating the Dan River and poisoning Virginia’s water supplies if it had removed its toxic ash heaps years ago after being warned by EPA.”

But of course these companies are such good citizens we just should overlook everything bad they do. It’s in our best interest to have BILLIONS of oil spill into the Gulf…it’s in our best interest to have Coal Coke dams break and send millions of gallons of extremely poisonous coal byproduct into our rivers and water supplies.

I don’t know about you @Texases and @B.L.E. but I was raised with a different moral standard then you were.

I don't know about you @Texases and @B.L.E. but I was raised with a different moral standard then you were.

What have you done to stop consuming energy lately? Do you walk to work? Drive ultra efficient vehicles when you have to drive? Wear long underwear and coats so you don’t have to heat your home so much?
You kind of remind me of the people who loudly decry those who go deer hunting, it’s so cruel, and besides, you can buy meat at the grocery store.