Why is this website now crediting people with the "solution" . . .?

Thank you, @Rod_Knox, for my first big laugh of the week.

2 Likes

Now that I see what it is, I have to admit to not being a fan of the ā€œsolutionā€ idea. Itā€™s certainly well intended, but very often the solution comes about as the final result of a number of ideas that while not the specific fix stimulate the thought processes of that one who does come up with the final fix. Itā€™s usually a ā€œteam effortā€.

Just one manā€™s opinion. Iā€™m happy regardless. I still enjoy the freedom of this forum and the interactions with the regulars on it.

2 Likes

Thanks, all. Itā€™s not meant as some sort of award, as Carolyn said, just a way of noting what worked. And as The Same Mountainbike (who I now know and pronounce as ā€œMountainbikā€) said, in many if not most cases itā€™ll be a team effort ā€“ or a lot of trial and error. Weā€™re trying a few features here and there as they become available to see if theyā€™re helpful. If theyā€™re total duds, youā€™ve got our ears. Metaphorically speaking, of course. As always, thanks. You make this place work.

We couldnā€™t do it without you folks. And I must say that Carolyn is fantastic, gently pulling us back in line when we need it, responding to out nitpicking, and putting up with our often marginal humor. Often from grumpy old men like me. :grin:

3 Likes

I can see some utility for the tab esp if done by the OP. In some forums a thread about a particular problem goes on forever (like 34 pages) and you have to scroll through all the posts to try and figure what the solution (if any) might be.