Why is it so cheap

im thinking of getting a mid size suv and something that catches my eye is the new Hyundai santa fe limited. but the only problem is i looked at the prices compared to other cars and they all have the same features but why does the Hyundai cost much less? my family thinks that later down the road its going to have problems is that true. how does hyundai make its prices so low?

Hyundais have decent reliability records (CU) and subjectively from family members who own them, they appear to be reasonable purchases. I feel the prices are low because the entire market is depressed and the resale/trade in value will definitely reflect the low initial cost. I would consider one as a buying option only if it fit my needs,I had not plan in trading in for at least 8-10 years and the dealer offered excellent service. I would not consider their value in the Toyota/Honda range and I feel the price reflects this opinion shared buy the rest of the buying public.

Hyundais made within the past three or four years are very well made and reliable cars. Hyundai has really turned around their quality and reliability over the past few years and are equal to the Japanese brands.

Several friends have purchased Tuscons and Santa Fes. I took a new Genisis out for a test drive – just as good as Infiniti, Acura or Lexus for much less $$. Not up to BMW, MB or Audi standards, but not close to their pricing either. I’d also suggest looking at Subaru Outback/Forester/Tribeca as well.

Twotone

I’m not sure if this is Hyundai theory or not, but the method that got the Japanese cars such a large foothold in the u.s. market was to sell them initially at a low price then they’d make it up on the price of parts.
So, in addition to the purcahse price, do a little investigation into the prices of maintainance over the life of ownership.

IMO; MB and Audi are not up to Lexus, Acura and Infinity standards; MB, Audi and SAABs are just name droppers.