Why Cartalk rocks:

And guys. I paid 33% below kbb and approximately half of what is supposed to be retail for the car. Puts a great big ass huge smile on my face, whenever I see another foreign grad student drive by with his 9-13 year old Honda with 130K miles on it. Man, I felt good taking the car in today to Allen Samuels, and having the guy enter the VIN number to pull up my warranty period and vehicle history!
Car pulls good…like that too. I am good with manuals, and know how to use them: credit: Indian driving.
Will this be the only Cobalt to last 200,000 miles in the entire world? I hope so!

Docknick:
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@36.i555arQnpmK@.f0ce916/67#MSG67

These guys are all getting more than 24 mpg, which is what I am getting for city driving. Maybe later I can go for the K&N air filter, etc etc? Since the car is under warranty, anything you;d suggest me to ask the dealer to do?

Houston Rice, I’ve Been Observing. You’re Doing Just Fine. Some Of The Experts Here, Like Docknick, Are Giving You Excellent Advice.

I’m flattered by your comment, “Still waiting for Common Sense to add some sense to my TO DO LIST.”.

Many of these experts on this site are more clever and knowledgeable than I am. I learn from them all the time. Your expertise at using manuals and choosing to use a good dealer to bring the car’s maintenance up to date should help even more.

Often a “road test” is part of servicing a car at a dealership, but you may just want to ask to have the car road tested by a technician just to see if everything seems normal to him/her.

Be sure to check out the tires for condition and proper inflation, if you haven’t done so already.

CSA

A K&N filter is not going to get you any more miles per gallon! For the time being, I would not do anything to this car that is not in the owner’s manual. Also, forget any testimonies of people who bought some gadget and special fluids; these results are highly manipulated. Even though the US has “truth in advertising” legislation, what you read is about as reliable as what your politicians (Indian or American) tell you.

Once your mechanic has checked out the car and everything is up to specification, we can tell you how to ACCURATELY measure you fuel mileage and relate it to EPA or other standards. Your driving style can make a difference of 30% in what mileage you get!

CSA, aren’t you concerned about being “called out” by Fox News for the simplistic answer “check your tire pressures”? surely the answer can’t be this simple :slight_smile:

OLd School, The Advice Wasn’t Given In The Spirit Of Saving Gas Or Saving The Planet. The Suggestion Is One That Is Appropriate For The Owner Of A “New” Used Car.

I did however receive an e-mail from Fox News about this. Besides, how do know this won’t save the planet (or maybe a tire) ?

CSA