Who would ever tow a trailer with a 2024 Luxury-level Lexus RX350h?

Saw a picture of one.
Wife say “ugly”.

Per Toyota: Up to 3,500 pounds of towing capacity available to you when this vehicle is properly equipped, across all of the different RX 350 trim levels.

1 Like

No, I’d get a truck suited to the job and outfit it with trailering in mind.

2 Likes

No problem at all, as long as it’s under 3500 lbs.

1 Like

Wife is always right.

Evan when she is wrong. :grinning:

2 Likes

Doesn’t your wife drive a RX350?

So why not tow? Maybe not the same class as a high luxury Lexus, but I’ve towed with an olds, park ave, riviera,etc. with no problems. Maybe the Lexus transmissions, engines, and drive trains are much different from their Toyota cousins.

1 Like

Same rating as hybrid highlander, only some at nearest dealer have tow pack, good enough for most buyers.

She drives a used 2023 RX350h
She say hitch ugly. Not hidden from viewhenot in use.

RX350 seems too small for the kind of trailer an RX350-owner would possess.

1 Like

What? An RX350h owner wouldn’t own a jet ski? Or a utility trailer for trips to the gardening center? Or a kayak trailer with 2 to 4 boats? Or a hitch mounted bike rack?

2 Likes

Sooo all RX350 owners only have 5th wheel, goose neck trailers, haul race cars or horse trailers???
Very interesting, never new that, thanks for letting us know that…

1 Like

Since a Luxury RX350h is $70k, they have Cla$$ A RVs (busses) or vans or big pickups towing Air$tream trailers.

The factory hitch is less obtrusive than some of the aftermarket one’s out there. If i’d talked my dad into a RX350H he’d have a hitch on it for a max 1,500lb utility trailer he uses about once a month instead of a pickup truck. Suspect more of the buyers who need to tow something would move up in the lineup to a GX or LX.
PT228-48232

1 Like

I actually thoughthathey would hide the trailer hitch.
Or Expedition had a cover over the hitch.
I unbolted theavy hitch from the frame and gave ito someone who could use it.
RX350 is too small to haul anything that contains a bathroom.

Why do you want to bring a bathroom with you? Do you have a medical condition?

1 Like

Not for the RX, but most of the RX’s on the lot or incoming in the Seattle/Tacoma market only have the hands free hatch no hitch.

Rich people wantrailers with bathrooms, air conditioning, microwave ovens, large screen TVs and high-speed internet.

(Wednesday I almost had a “medical condition” driving blood platelets emergently 221 miles to a mountain hospital. Nextime I shouldon Depend® diapers.)

Not everyone with a tow hitch is going camping.

1 Like

Ain’t no RX towing that funny car.