Which Used Car to Buy

Okay, I have narrowed my used car purchase for my daughter to the following:

2005 Hyundai Sonata GT 5 door hatchback w/51000 miles. Fully equipped with leather, sunroof, etc. ($9200) … OR

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE w/ 37000 miles. Standard equipment, no remote (which troubles me for a kid at college) The price for this is $8950 … OR

2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4 door w/ 11000 miles. The dealer wants $10,800.

Unfortunatley, I am buying in a small(er) town in central Texas so it is hard to come across cars.

Just curious on your thoughts on these options. Is it worth the extra $ to go with the Elantra with low mileage?

Thanks.

markgpa

If you can afford it, go for the 06 /Elantra. I recently helped a family friend do some work on their well-used Elantra, and it appears to be a good vehicle. I sent my kids to school with some well-used used cars, and there were days when I regretted that decision. The Elantra, with proper maintenance, should last past college and into her new work environment. If you also get the 100K/10 yr powertrain warranty, that is also a plus. As second owner, the powertrain warranty may be voided, due to your being second owner. Check with the dealer.

The lower mileage car is a better buy if you can afford it–and do the normal inspections, title checks,etc