Was driving to visit my sister in the hospital when the a sound came from the front of the passenger compartment that sounded like a stick got caught in the blower or something. It was snowing and nightime, and I didn’t stop. The car started smelling like insulation or something burning, really stank, but I got to see her in the hospital and even was able to drive back. The next day the battery was dead.
Got the battery recharged at the auto parts store and then took out the blower motor to get the stick out. No stick or any sign of damage to the fan basket. Checked the hole the blower was installed into and all I saw was something that looked like filter paper in there, otherwise clear.
Put the battery back and tried to hook up the blower motor which was still physically detached from where it was mounted, only the wires were connected. Blower would not work. but the fan basket circulated freely by hand. Haven’t tested the blower motor yet by hooking it up to the battery, I will tomorrow morning.
I’ve been told by the auto parts store the problem might well be either the relay or the blower resister. I looked under the dash where I took out the blower motor but did not see anything like the blower resisters I’ve seen pics of. Maybe I’m missing something, but could someone tell me where exactly the blower resistor is located in a 2009 subaru forester, manual control?
Also, where the relay be?
Any help I can get on this would be appreciated.