When I turn left or right my vehicle shutters

I have a 1998 Subaru Outback with 140000 miles. When I begin to turn the car from a stopped position the vehicle shutters . I can not feel anything at speed. The transmission appears to shift smoothly. I only feel the shutter when I accelerate and turn from a stopped position. Can it be the differential?

No…not likely…you have worn inner cv joints…get two reman axle assy’s $50.00-$75.00 ea.

They would keep the sun out if they shuttered. However, if they vibrate they might shudder.

Shudder is more likely associated with transfer case malady, especially since you said it occurs on initial tip-in and when steering left or right. Could be c-v joints, but c-v joints are more noted for making a clicking sound but without a shudder or judder

The inner cv’s wear a groove the balls can’t jump out of so it tries to push the axle out of the cv cup. When this happens it shoves the trans axle back and forth with every revolution but only when you’re on the gas because there is load on the cv balls…outer cv joints click

thanks for the information Pumpkinkrasher. the cure is certainly less expensive than replacing transaxle assembly