When accelerating, car will jerk sometimes

Check Jasper engine and transmission…

https://www.jasperengines.com/jasper-process-transmissions#:~:text=Every%20JASPER%20remanufactured%20transmission%20is,warranty%20information%20are%20also%20available.

Or if you are only keeping it another 2 years, what about a used one from the junkyard?

Not an option in my thinking. 80/20 I’m going with rebuild.

Go ahead, it’s your money.

That it is.

It appears your initial possible diagnosis was close.

Here’s what it needed:

Transmission steel kit
Transmission filter
Torque converter
Solenoid connector plate
Bonded valve body plate
ATF peak synthetic

“Fluid burnt but did not find any serious debris on magnet or in fluid indicating major internal transmission damage.”

I don’t know what all of that means, but
I’m happy I didn’t go with the Ford service dept, which said…

“first gear wasnt even there anymore. “

1 Like

Oh, I saved $2100.

1 Like

Replace or rebuild the transmission, major transmission repair either way.

Thanks for the update…

The symptom doesn’t seem like a normal transmission failure mode to me. At least it wasn’t for my Ford truck’s C4 transmission. When the C4 failed, the symptom was when I shifted from P to D on cold mornings, it would act like it was staying in neutral. I’d press on the gas, truck wouldn’t move. Eventually it would move and drive ok after a time of warming up. I didn’t notice anything like engine misfires. I think it might be a good idea to obtain another opinion on the faulty transmission idea.

My solution btw was to hire a well-recommended local transmission shop to remove, rebuild, & re-install the same transmission, the original transmission remains in the 50 year old truck to this day. If you decide the transmission is the actual problem, and you’ve driven you Mustang pretty gently, that’s probably the better approach. On the other hand, if you’ve done a lot of rapid starts and high accelerations, racing, etc, a different transmission (rebuilt / used) might be better.