What's that song

What is that song used in the background of the Chrysler 300 commercial? Who is the artist?

Is it the old Beatles song, Nowhere man?

Remix of Dean Martin’s Sway ? From YouTube.

Must be a different commercial in your area.

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

As I listen, it sounds like a mix of Deano, Julie London and/or others who have previously recorded it during era when the mambo was a Latin dance craze which the song has a dance beat to. My guess from a little googling, is that the song/dance would put it into the era of the original Chrysler 300. The mambo lasted about as long as the 300 in the US. That may be the link, I think.

No, that was actually a sarcastic reference to the “qualities” of the Chrysler 300.

;-))

Oops, it went over my head. I like the music, not the car. 8 mpg is not music to my ears.

And, the mediocre handling, claustrophobic effect from tiny windows, poor build quality, and cheap interior materials should not be pleasing either. This is a car for those who simply want to drive fast, in a straight line, but who do not care about esthetics, visibility, or handling.

And, the mediocre handling, claustrophobic effect from tiny windows, poor build quality, and cheap interior materials should not be pleasing either. This is a car for those who simply want to drive fast, in a straight line, but who do not care about esthetics, visibility, or handling.

The advertising people knew what they were doing. The mambo didn’t last in the US because of it’s overall limited appeal for those who valued flash over substance in a too limited rhythm. The “American” Cha Cha was derived from it, and it’s rhythm is adaptable to many modern pop and dance songs. Bringing the 300 back is like bringing the mambo back, for a curtain call only, then gone again and hopefully forgotten for another 30 years while other models serve us much better.

Found it, or something very close. It is “Sway”. Listening to all the excerpts I could find at Amazon, the version by Michael BuBl? appears to be the one.

Thanks

BTW, bought the CD, the guy is good. Importing it to my iTunes now, going to put on my iPod.

I’ll take a good samba any day. Like Matt Bianco or Basia Trzetrzelewska, who used to front for Matt’s band. Is it any wonder that Basia goes by her first name only? I’m also fond of Bebel Gilberto and even Astrud Gilberto, if you remember that far back.

Though the music was remembered it’s only been appreciated in the last 30 years since ballroom has been a part of our lives.