my friend has a 76 vette,while traveling 70 or so the coil failed and the car stopped running.he noticed upon inspection the coil had burn marks on the multiple wires that have to be connected as ground and so forth.i believe this is the first year of transisterized ignition on this car.any ideas?-thanks
The only thing I can think of is old wires, corroded connections, bad insulation, all causing short circuits. It’s why I don’t like running old cars with old wires in them. A better solution is to upgrade the wire harness with a Painless Wiring harness. Also, it will replace the glass fuses with blade fuses.