What should i get for my next car

WHAT SHOULD I GET FOR MY NEXT CAR? I WILL BE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW CAR THIS SPRING OR SUMMER. TELL MY WHAT MAKES MORE SENCE

JETTA TDI OR THE MAZDA 3S ON THE OTHER SIDE

WHEN IT COMES TIME TO TRADE THESE TWO IN LET’S SAY SEVEN TO TEN YEARS IBUY THEM 2010

MODELS AND WANT TO TRADE THEM IN IN 2017 WHICH ONE WILL HOLD THERE RESALE VALUE BETTER THE MAZDA3S OR THE JETTA TDI?

THE OTHER THING I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE

COST OF UP KEEP OF THE JETTA TDI

Thanks for clearing up your post.

I would predict that resale value would be pretty low for both of these cars. Pick whichever one you like best.

Try to find your caps lock key first.

Twotone

How many times are you going to ask this same question? And PLEASE turn off the caps lock. It’s very annoying. It’s like shouting, and you don’t need to shout here.

As you’ve been told over and over, there is no way (NO WAY) to predict what will happen in seven to ten years. Resale value depends on lots of things. Either car could come out on top in seven to ten years, but the variables are too great to make any sort of reliable prediction.

It’s a gamble. You spend your money and you take your chance. There are no guarantees.

I think you’re comparing apples and oranges. You’re either a diesel buyer, or you’re not. You have to decide whether or not you want a diesel. Diesel vehicles are not the same as gasoline-powered vehicles. You have to adapt to a vehicle with a diesel engine.

Are you willing to do that? Are you willing to adapt your driving style, and your maintenance habits (especially your maintenance habits), to accommodate the needs of a diesel engine, especially a VW turbo-diesel engine?

If not, buy the Mazda. It will be less trouble in the long run.

Thanks for your reply now I am going to buy the up dated 2010 Mazda 3s as you and others have said the Jetta TDI would have been in the shop a lot more than the mazda would be. I did not want to make a mistake. I wanted to ask before I bought
any of the two. In 1996 I bought a benz used it was a 300 TD and it was in the shop every month it drained my money. finily the eng.timing belt broke and guess what I needed a new eng. so that’s why I ask before I buy.

Just make sure you replace the timing belt on your Mazda, or you’re gonna be looking at the same thing.

You are wrong on today’s Mazda you don’t need to change the timing belt because it 's chain driven I have all my service done at the Mazda dealer they say you don’t
need to change it that part should last the life of the car it self the old mazdas
you had to do that on the mazdas bilt before 2003 Thank’s for your info For the Mazdas I know the tec. side of it pretty well !!!

I’m not sure that depreciation is much of an issue after 10 years. If you factor out depreciation and the $1300 tax credit for the TDI, the cost to run them for 5 years is about the same. Buy the one you like best.

I knew the 2.3L tI4 in the CX-7/Speed3 was chain driven, but wasn’t sure about their cars. Seems like you know your Mazdas, and you should go with what you know