What is your opinion regarding the 2014 Cherokee?

Didnt say anything about a new Dakota,just commented on the ratio of Dakotas vs Patriots and compasses-Kevin

Wow…
Cool looking grill and facia ruined by squinting headlights. I just truely hope they dont ruin the offroad ability of it by making it a ho-hum city driver with lump suspension.
Another concern of mine as of late is the quality/cost of the chrysler line. The current grand Cherokee is not leading the pack in terms of reliability nor is it the cheapest even in the base model, combine the transfer of both qualities to the new 2014 model with the new lack of style and i gotta say im probably not going to be parking one in my garage anytime soon.

I think Dodge quietly stopped producing the Dakota a little while back.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/dodge-ram-dakota-production-ends-tomorrow

Apparently nobody even noticed.

Talk about going out with a whimper.

I guess people got tired of thier games finally,the Dakota lost uniqueness and affordibility and some real boners on the marketing strategies(reminds me of some of GMs pathetic half hearted attempts to muddle a market they shouldnt even have been meddling in) When the asians put the hurts on the domos,quality and durabilty wise-it was time to wake up and smell the coffee,Dodge made no effort to make this midsize vehicle efficient(if they would have put the CRD in these things the sales would have skyrocketed,the low tech engines hurt sales)due to my experience.they have probaly lost me as a future customer-Kevin