What is this Toyota?

Volvo made an excellent point, however. We still have absolutely no idea what car the OP was asking about. The photo that was posted was from a respondent, “always_fixing”, to try to get that information out of the OP.

It sure would be nice to see a photo from the OP. :grin:

Well, my father who’s 78 years of age only has a flip phone, so that makes 9 left. lol

I’ve got a camera on my flip phone. Who needs a smart phone?

People who ask you if there’s an app for that…whatever it may be.

Is this the one?

FJ Cruiser? It’s not really small, but I could see the Tonka reference.

1 Like

Thanks for the photo but the FJ is too large. I showed my wife photos of earlier models of the RAV4 and found out that they were much smaller than the current models and these earlier versions are the ones that my wife saw.

Ah, the assumption rears its ugly head! :smile: I still have a clamshell phone, and I have less than zero interest in a “smart phone”. Many, many of my friends also prefer clamshells and have zero interest in smart phones. I use my phone to make and receive calls, and that’s all I want it for. I think you’d find that a very large percentage of we senior citizens, and there are a lot of us, feel as I do about their phones. I think you’re overestimating the importance of the bells & whistles on smart phones

2 Likes

I don’t even own a cell phone, I gave mine away when I retired from trucking in 1995 and no longer had to carry one to get a call to work.

It weighed a couple of pounds and I had the extra thick “long life” 6 hour battery pack on it.

WHAT
did you buy?
Can you also solve the Tonka mystery now?

I guess that you missed this update from the OP:

[quote=“dnldlackey, post:27, topic:96419”]I showed my wife photos of earlier models of the RAV4 and found out that they were much smaller than the current models and these earlier versions are the ones that my wife saw.
[/quote]

So…your wife just became aware of the original, smaller RAV4s that haven’t been manufactured since 2005?
Really?

:confused:

I missed that one too! Good to know the OP has found the answer to his wife’s question. :relaxed:
Best to everyone.

Two observations:
There is no indication of OP’s location, but the original Rav had an all-electric version. I believe they may have been California-only cars. It’s possible they were referred to as RAV without the '4;'
Perhaps someone imported a ‘Kei-car’ that may have been made by Toyota or one of its subs. Kei-cars have 600 cc engines (I believe), are right-hand drive, and look like they have been squashed between two semis. Sometimes they appear over here after a certain age (to qualify as an antique or special interest car).

Nope. The only way you could tell an electric RAV4 from a normal one from the outside when it wasn’t moving was to check and see if it had an exhaust pipe. Everything else looked the same.

This would not be the first time a letter or number fell off an old car.