What is this part called?

94 gmc jimmy…4.3L,

trying to find a # or name for the part that goes on the valve cover that the pcv

valve sits in…it’s missing on my truck

and the hose just kinda sits there in the hole…

thanks for any help…

It’s called a pcv valve cover grommet, or just a pcv valve grommet. You can find it at rock auto for a couple bucks. Probably locally now that you know what it is. Look it up in the emissions section.

PCV grommet? Does it look something like this? The Dorman website lists 2 engines for a 94 Jimmy, a W and a Z. These are the W listings.

http://www.dormanproducts.com/applicationguideresults.aspx?y=1994&mk=GMC+TRUCK&md=S15+JIMMY&e=V6+-+4.3L+(262+CID)%3A+GAS%3A+FI%3A+N%3A+W&c=314&cn=PCV+GROMMET

Ed B.

i can imagine that it looks like these,but on my truck, it’s gone…
i’m sure if the size is right it’ll work…
i had a “turn over but no start” the other day but i don’t think this would cause that,
however, a couple months ago i replaced the EGR gasket 'cause i was running rough,
would the EGR itself sticking perhaps cause that?
either way, i want to get that “grommet”

You are correct that a missing PCV valve grommet will not cause a no-start condition.

A sticking EGR valve will also not cause a no-start condition. If it were sticking open it would cause rough idling and of it were stuck closed it could cause pinging.

Did the new EGR gasket fix the rough idling?

yes it did, runs like a top since…
i wonder if i’m just getting paranoid…it was raining out…lightly…
but under the hood was dry…and that’s the first time that ever happened.
i’d like to figure this out so i don’t get stuck again…(called a tow and when he got there the truck started right up…$30 go figure.)
at least i know i need a grommet, but i’m still worried if go somewhere, i might get stuck…and i’m trying to put off taking it to a mech. and spending dough i ain’t got
just to find i’m missing something or if it was just the rain…

Sorry but if you are talking about an intermittant no start on a GM, the first thing I’d suspect would be the fuel pump. If it does it again, check to see if you hear the pump running in the tank or not. It’ll just run for a few seconds and then shut off again but you should hear the buzz of the pump.

i can hear the pump…so that’s why i was looking elsewhere…
had the pump done on my 91, 'bout 6 mos ago to the tune of 400+…
if it turns out to be the pump on this one, i’m gonna do it myself…