What is the link to top posters?

Someone previously had a link but in searching all the site I cannot find it, any help?

If you go to the “Car Talk Community” home page: http://www.cartalk.com/content/community/

and scroll down to “Other Important Things” you’ll find a link to “Our Heros”:
http://www.cartalk.com/content/timekill/topusers.html

Notice that its called “Top Users” - isn’t that what drug addicts are called?

Thank you I looked all over but have seen recent posters trying to make it to the top 20 and wanted to see who got bumped up! Where is bustedknuckles?

Keep in mind that being a top poster does not necessary equate to giving good advice. :-)

I believe that list is from ye olde board from long ago and is not currently updating. There’s some folks on there we haven’t heard from in years.

"In the master’s bedroom
they were gathered for the feast
they stabbed it with their steeley knives
but they just can’t kill the beast

the last thing I remeber
I was headed for the door
I had to find the passage back
to the place I was before

‘relax’ said the night man
we are programmed to receive
you can check out any time you like
but you can NEVER leave…"

• Don Henley, “Hotel California”.

Be that way

On soft gray mornings widows cry
The wise men share a joke;
I run to grasp divining signs
To satisfy the hoax.
The yellow jester does not play
But gentle pulls the strings
And smiles as the puppets dance
In the court of the crimson king.

King Crimson “Court of the Crimson King.”

Hi All,

Just a quick note. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’re going to update the list in the next week, and will update it a couple of times a year.

Best,

Doug Mayer
Senior Web Lackey
Car Talk

Doug, I like the labeling system from the old board a lot better (levels had goofy names). Why not bring that back instead?

The old names were fun! But, we opted for clarity this time around. A lot of the funny names got in the way of folk’s understanding of the hierarchy, etc.

We’re pleased to be offering this ranking again, and acknowledge you guys who work hard to answer all the questions.

Doug

Doug-
Might you add a 3rd category, say “Top 100”? Most all frequent posters fall in the “Top 250”, and we well know the few that are “Top 20”.

folk’s understanding of the hierarchy

hierarchy is overrated. Humor is where its at.

We thought about it, but really wanted to keep it very simple. We’d like to see how this does, and reevaluate it after a while. Thanks for the feedback!

Right on, Joseph E. Meehan!