What exact car is this? Extra points if you can prove it!

The Stutz Blackhawk was built off of the Pontiac Grand Prix body, a larger car.

Are you serious . . . ?!

The owners truly have no idea what they have?

Perhaps you better be prepared to duck, when you tell them they donā€™t actually have a Rolls Royce, but instead a ā€œmodifiedā€ Chevy Corvette. Some peopleā€™s reaction to bad news is to physically assault the messenger :frowning_face:

Reminds me of that Cash song ā€œI built it one piece at a timeā€ and it didnā€™t cost me a dime. Even looks like Riviera lights in the rear. Looks like they had a bunch of extra parts in the bins that they wanted to use up. Sorry, no design awards on this one.

1 Like

They are unable to read the vehicle title ? Is this a craigslist joke.

2 Likes

In the same genre of tasteless abominations, they used to sell Zimmer automobiles. One model was based on a lengthened Mustang, and the other model was based on the Pontiac Fiero. The only thing that those two models had in common was the nameplate and the utter lack of anything tasteful in their designs.

I could live with that car! I would pass on the car in the OP!

Hey, I LIKE these kind of designs! I think theyā€™re fun.

Re: the original question, Nevada clearly seems to have the winning answer.

Unfortunately no lol. Actual idiot, and I donā€™t believe they know what a title is. Iā€™ll do my best to get a picture of them in front of the car with the price :joy:

Is this car too old to have a name plate under the hood or on the door sill? Even though I donā€™t like it, the builder must have. If it was my pride and joy, Iā€™d want to identify my conpany on the car somewhere.

Itā€™s a god thing they used late 1970s/early 1980s Corvettes. They were pigs anyway and it isnā€™t a shame to ruin them.

Well, they make the Aztek and Juke look pretty goodā€¦

1 Like

Speak for yourself

I happen to think that generation of Corvettes was NOT ugly, as far as looks go

I liked the design, too. Corvettes of that era were grossly underpowered, and messing with something that will never be a classic isnā€™t an issue with most car buffs. Mess with any 1960s Corvette body and a lot of fans will get upset.

Ah, have you met the Corvette crowd?? Most of the ā€œbuffsā€ get their nose bent out of shape over the tiniest of details. I actually took pleasure out of tweaking them with my cars. How dare you modify that car! Itā€™s mine and Iā€™ll do as I please with itā€¦if you donā€™t like it, it is for sale and you can buy it right now to save it if it means so much to youā€¦

I had people that never even owned a Corvette, let alone any classic car, tell me what I should be doing with them.

All that being said, I would probably be at the front of the crowd wielding the torches and pitchforks over that abomination in the original postā€¦

Itā€™s purely a matter of taste, but IMHO the C1, C2, and C3 'Vettes were the good designs. With the C4 they smoothed off the curves and the styling became plain with no visual interest. It became more of a wedge after that, losing all the visual details that made it sexy. Modern "Vettes are just extreme wedges, of which there are already many on the market.

My favorite is the C2. The most valuable is probably the split-window coupe, but I like the droptop.

But, like I said, itā€™s all a matter of taste. Please, nobody feel offended by my comments.

These sort of custom jobs tend to be done to certain years of corvettes when they are less desirable than other years, '64 coupes show up at auctions heavily modified where you wouldnā€™t dare do the same to a 1963. Iā€™d take a nice mostly stock example myself.

Thereā€™s a mid 60ā€™s Corvette convertible in the neighborhood that the owner takes for a run on a regular basis with a GTO from around the same year parked next to it.

Oh, okay . . . I see where youā€™re coming from now

I agree that those Corvettes were fairly common and probably wonā€™t ever be worth a fortune. Or maybe itā€™ll take a few more decades . . . ?

Iā€™ve never driven one of those, but I know what kind of emissions equipment, ignition systems and fuel delivery system a vehicle of this vintage should have. Seeing as how I perform the smog inspections at work, I know something of the technology. Overcomplicated AND not even very powerful. Lose-lose situation

But the looks are pretty clean, in my opinion, at least on the outside.

For some reason, Iā€™m thinking this generation of Corvette didnā€™t have a roadster? At least not a factory version . . . I might be completely wrong, and if so, I expect somebody will correct me :frowning_face:

A colleague of mine (before I retired) bought a brand new 'Vette droptop some years ago. I donā€™t recall what year. Perhaps about 2008.

I and many other have been wondering for decades when Chevy would move to a mid engine design. Word is they have one readying for productionā€¦ but thatā€™s been said before.

On the other hand, Porsche is still running the rear-engined 911, and itā€™s still the ā€œbenchmarkā€ for all other sports cars even after all these decades. But they DID create a mid engine Porsche too, and itā€™s rumored to be better than the 911 in many respects.

Are you talking about the 914 or the Boxster?

I heard they both had/have pretty good handling, due to roughly 50/50 weight distribution

I was thinking of the Boxster. I forgot about the 914.
But I test drove a 914 many years ago and had a blast. They were great fun to drive.

1 Like

I owned a 914 2L, and it was tons of fun. The car seemed stuck to the road better as I went faster. I was driving home from the night shift and had it up to 115 mph before I got close to the end of the road where it merged onto another highway.