What do you think?

There you go ,(pretty good about the parent,beyond doting )

Guaranteed it would get 30 mph and be able to pull most anything you wanted

The Tacoma gets about 25mpg
and it’s a lot larger then the Ranger was
so 30mpg is possible. Not so sure a V6 could though. Still think it might have to be a 4-cylinder.

The 4 cyl Taco is a pretty powerful machine ,they did it right make the dang 4 cyls bigger and improve the breathing as long as the weight is reasonable ,so will the performance be reasonable.One thing I dont like about the newer tacos ,the outside looks a fair amount larger ,but there seems to be little gain in the interior room . (why not put a high Nickel frame and a composite bed on them ? I want heirloom quality in the halite areas )

In 03 I had the choice between the ranger and the taco, The ranger fit my needs and did not want to fight with getting into a parking spot,.

Darn. Now I gotta look up “samara”.

helicoptering-the art of throwing a golf club properly

1 Like

My small Toyota pickups, a '79 “longbed” and an ‘89 pickup, were both built before they came up with the name “Tacoma”. They were dirt cheap, ran great and reliably, and I built freestanding stone walls, concrete block walls, hauled loam & sand, and did countless other work with them both. There were 500 acres by my house being developed, and when the stone was being hauled in for roadbed stabilization, I asked the owner/developer if I could skim some from the piles to create the stone wall. He knew me, and knew I was going to take less than he discards with the dozers, so he gave me he go ahead. I hauled in enough stone, on sand construction roads, to build about 250-300 feet of stone wall. I’d load the pickup to the stops and creep off the site and to my home just around the corner. The roads terminated in cul-de-sacs, and the houses I passed were friends’ houses, so there were no issues. I crept slow enough so there was no danger
 except to the pickup, which never failed.

I also hauled loads & loads of hardwood out of the same site over the sand roads while they were clearing the land. Beat the crap out of the bed, but except for a caliper that froze (probably from the sand) neither truck ever failed me.

We’ve got about 3 active threads right now talking about pickup trucks, so I’m not sure where to post this next thought:

I’d like a good basic workhorse pickup truck with about 3,500 - 5,000 lbs towing capacity about the size of the old Ford Ranger, or even the size of that 1980 Datsun on that other thread for under $30k brand new, “out-the-door” price. But they won’t offer us anything like that, because they make so much money selling these rolling luxury palaces for $60k + + +. (And who the hexx has that kind of money to spend on a pickup truck anyway? Every time you turn on a television, there’s a story about another factory shutting down and moving to Mexico or China!)

I like the way @“Rod Knox” always tells it, if you had to put 20% down and finance the rest at 10% interest for no more than 36 months, you’d see very very few of these trucks on the road!

EYE-POPPINGLY EXPENSIVE! My name must be on the list of people who are shopping for a new vehicle because I’m getting flyers from the local Ford dealer at least twice a week. (My father was a Ford man, meaning he was a loyal Ford customer). None of the flyers ever have a price on them, they only say the dealer will allow me to drive one for “X” amount of months if I pay them “$xxx” per month (providing I don’t actually put many miles on the vehicle, so what’s the point anyway?). I don’t even bring the flyers in the house, they go directly from the mailbox to the recycling bin. Perhaps an honest slogan would be, “If you’re smart enough to ask us what this actually costs, you’re too smart to spend that much money on a depreciating asset!”

Oops
 I just goofed
 sorry