What do you think?

Mustangman ,that still sounds good almost twice as good as what I "currently " have (whoops dont want to commit punicide )

I think Kevin is fantasizing about $50,000 trucks again. I have no use for expensive trucks that achieve 25 MPG while an inexpensive car can get 30 to 40 MPG.

Ford must have explored this 10 years ago when GM and Chrysler developed their hybrids. The next wave of hybrid trucks will come when the manufactures can benefit from the sales of these (a boost in CAFE ratings).

Software versioning is the process of assigning either unique version names or unique version numbers to unique states of computer software.

So, it is a word that you just used incorrectlyā€¦

;-]

If you want to battle semantics how is my use incorrect? Newer software allows for better interaction between software and hardware.

Thunk Gawd this ainā€™t a English forim!

So, it is a word that you just used incorrectly....

No he used it correctly. Itā€™s a very common word used in Hardware and Software engineering.

Gosh I was hoping for 35-40K ,the better old trucks around here have rust issues ,not to mention poor mpg . Every so often I look at wrecked trucks with the bed removed in a nearby towing service and body shop ,the two big domestics ,usually have nothing left frame wise from the differential back (they are not that old either ,believe it or not VDOT uses a lot of Halite.
The best advice I can give someone who wants to leave a vehicle to their grandchildren ,is to leave it parked during bad weather and wait untill something cleans the roads off.Maybe this is where rental vehicles come in .

I apologize. A pickup truck is, after all, ā€œhardwareā€ā€¦

;-]

I apologize. A pickup truck is, after all, "hardware".....

I forgot I needed to spell everything out for you. I narrowly just picked Software Engineering and Hardware Engineering. I should have mentioned all the other disciplines that use the termā€¦like -

Mechanical Engineering
Bio-Engineering
Chemical Engineering

actually pretty much ALL engineering fields use that term.

@Nevada_545 ,fantasize would be all I could do something that got around 30 mpg would be almost 100% better fuel mileage then what I currently own .Due to taxes and user fees ,I desire only one vehicle a truck that got around 35 mpg would be a diminishing return in my case I am afraid ,one problem with the small trucks of yesteryear (which were big enough for most uses ) was the lack of add on options (you were usually stuck with a mostly useless package ) and the dumbed down powertrains ,it seems the manus wanted to keep those things at 22 lbs per HP for some reason (anything more attractive would have cut into sales of higher profit margin vehicles ,I pulled in behind a Maxima one morning and said to myself lets see if this little Nissan will at least keep up ,when the Maxima took off ,it was like the" Millenium Falcon" hitting hyperspace and the bad thing was ,I dont think the Maxima owner was really getting on it .
If they bring back reasonably sized pickups ,I hope they wont be dumbed down with BPI (BARELY PULL IT ) engines that get no better fuel mileage in the real world ,then an adequate size powerplant .Lower weight results in better real world gas mileage then anemic powerplants.

A little truck like a Ranger with a V6 and a frame would be hard to beat. Guaranteed it would get 30 mph and be able to pull most anything you wanted. The V6 in my little G6 is a screamer. Like I said once I needed to pass two cars quickly on the highway so punched it down. When I looked down at the speedometer a few seconds later I was going 90 mph and not a struggle at all.

I had the 4 cyl, manual trans,towed my 17ā€™ fiberglass boat 535 miles, only trouble on the big hill entering mn after St Croix River

@ Bd ,thats not really the problem ,practically anything now is powerful enough ,especially when compared to some of the old stuff.The problem is why get stuck with a less powerful engine that sometimes delivers mileage scarcely any better then an upgrade and sometime is a struggle to drive because of lack of power ?
Used to see this all the time in big trucks ,the owners would buy heavy trucks with smaller engines (for economy they claimed (cheapskates really) and end up spending as much or more for fuel and probably end up with a delivered load or two less at the end of the day,because the less powerful truck had to be driven pedal to the medal most of the time ,.I have found on the big guys ,the more power,the easier it is to drive(plus you dont hold up traffic ,nearly as much )

For sure Kevin, Kind of funny 2 dump trucks head to head in the shop, jokeing to the mechanic, letā€™s have a tug of war, bet the old one wins, he is like no way that new 6.0 will beat the 454 any day of the week, the 454 only develops,(donā€™t recall the number for sure) 160 hp

Chemical Engineering

actually pretty much ALL engineering fields use that term.

I am a Chemical Engineer. Iā€™d be real interested in a link from you where ā€œversioningā€ is applied in Chemical Engineering. Thanks.

Aw, so what. Someone made up a word. Who cares. I do it all the time. Itā€™s fun. So shoot me. :open_mouth:

Really its kind of nice to have colloquial and americanisms pop up ,we as a group are intelligent enough to figure out just anything some people come up with.
The smarts ,this group of people have are of the nature someone like Robert Heinlein would really appreciate.Would sooner have one of these folks helping me then two of some Ivy leguers or equivalent I have met ,some of these people remind me of Dirk Pitt and Al Gordinio (move over Clive Cussler )
BOTOH ,you will occasionally find someone who has it all ,MENSA Intellect ,common sense and no condescension and is willing to share that vast pool of knowledge .

We had a PhD linguist (retired university professor) come by this forum once and try to correct our language skills. It was pretty sad. Poor guy wrote lots and lots of polysyllabic words and made everybody work like crazy to try to understand him. I never really did. I donā€™t think he impressed anybody at all. He must be wonderful at telling his mechanic what his car problem is. Iā€™ll bet he wonders why he can never get his car fixed right. Or should that be ā€œcorrectlyā€?

If we understand what was said thatā€™s all that matters. When my grandson was three he saw a helicopter fly by and he exclaimed it was ā€œhelicopteringā€. Never found that word in the dictionary but we knew what he meant. Huh, I wonder why spellcheck didnā€™t catch it. Maybe it is a word.

ā€œhelicopteringā€ has a page in wikipedia.

Helicoptering can refer to the actions of a helicopter, or by analogy to:
the anemochoric (wind-based) dispersal of autorotating samara
the hovering behavior of a helicopter parent