What did you do to your Accent today?

I am a grumpy old man and unapologetic about it. I was just offering my opinion, I don’t expect anyone to be insecure enough to be crushed by it.

As for what I did to personalize any of my cars, I never cared about their appearance, as a matter of fact, if you are going to street race, the worse it looks the better. I have not done it in 50 years so spare the lecture.

I was a freight hauler for 40 years , usually driving a different cheap POS every trip, the only thing I ever respected about a truck was it’s ability to get me down the roar quickly because I was being paid by the mile. No matter how the freight companies tried to make the trucks slower, we found ways to make them faster. Some drivers I worked with could rebuild a diesel pump by the side of the road in 15 minutes, a job that took our shop an hour.

I have never sentimentalized a vehicle and I suspect the cowboys in the old west felt the same was about horses, just ride em till they drop and get on another one.

1 Like

The spoiler makes makes my ride more sporty and I like the way it looks.

1 Like

In what ways? Adding a device that minutely increases downforce on a front wheel drive car seems to be counterproductive.

1 Like

Note he said “sporty.” Not “race car.” :wink:

Maybe he meant “makes my ride appear more sporty and I like the way it looks.”

1 Like

As a matter of fact, I never found them to be very attractive

1 Like

I like my spoiler, and I liked the one I put on my Vega many years ago. And the one on my buddy’s '70 Camaro looked really cool.

It’s all a matter of taste. Ghostride, you and I have taste. Others may not. :grin:

I was dreaming of my first car when Hemmings came this month, a 60 Morris Minor. I painted it yellow and put bigger tires on the back so it was raked. I thought it looked cool with the WDGY sticker in the window. What can I say, I was 17.

Now we’re talkin’…

Picture 2

;-]

1 Like

Wow. You could dry an entire week’s wash on those!

WDGY and KDWB on AM radio, hit the button to switch when a commercial came on.
Now I’m hooked on satellite radio.

I also have good taste in cars

WDGY used to be the most poplar station for teens, playing the popular music and the DJs involved in teen events and dances etc. It was the anchor in the twin cities area back in the 60’s. Its what I missed most when I moved to South Dakota and couldn’t get them anymore. Now actually KSOO is better than the metro stations. Oh, back to cars-car radio, car radio.

Collision with a Dodge truck?

Most of them aren’t, but the original GTS… Yeah, I’d drive that.

Actually I did drive one once, back in my autocross days. It was the first car I ever drove that gave the distinct impression it was actively trying to kill me. I loved it. :wink: