What are options for what appears to be a frozen window fluid problem

You can access the washer pump/reservoir by removing or pulling back the fender liner. The reservoir is in front of the right front tire.

If the fluid is not frozen then you might consider clearing the spray nozzles with a straight pin. Sometimes, and especially if tap water has been used and/or the nozzles have not been used for a while, they can clog up due to deposits.

I’d make sure its thawed out though before messing with the pump. What I would do I guess is pull the hose off the nozzles and use compressed air to blow through the hose to make sure its clear. Then you can clear the nozzle too. You can try the washer with the hose disconnected to see if it sprays. If so the nozzle is clogged yet.

I’ll second (or third or whatever at this point) that I have bought the more or less generic winter (-20F) stuff and had it repeatedly freeze up in the delivery hoses going to the nozzles on my truck. Minus 20 my @ss. More like water and blue dye. Spend a buck more and no issues…

The solution to your problem was posted by ok4450 in another thread about terrible automobile repairs. He mentioned an owner who drove an old Pontiac and had no windshield. The motorist wore a motorcycle helmet and goggles. Just buy the motorcycle equipment and remove your windshield from the Impala. You will not have to buy any more windshield washer fluid or worry about the fluid freezing.
I’m still chuckling over ok4450’s story…

All are great ideas and as soon at i can be outside for more then a few minutes with turning numb I plan on giving them all a try before changing out the pump.

Does anyone know where to buy isopropyl alcohol in a size like a quart or two, rather than the ridiculously expensive Iso_Heet in the small bottles?

You can get it in 16 oz bottles at Walmart for a little over $2. Is that OK?

“Does anyone know where to buy isopropyl alcohol in a size like a quart or two, rather than the ridiculously expensive Iso_Heet in the small bottles?”

If you intend to use that alcohol in the fuel tank, I hope you realize that almost all of the isopropyl alcohol that is sold at retail is “70% Isopropyl Alcohol”. The remaining 30% is…water.

Occasionally, you can find “91% Isopropyl Alcohol” in a place like CVS.
Although this is “only” 9% water, I would still advise that you not pour it into your fuel tank.

More than likely, the only source of 100% Isopropyl Alcohol would be companies that supply chemical laboratories, and you would probably couldn’t purchase small quantities from those companies.