We're famous!

Article about CarTalk, and notes that this forum is " the strongest part of Car Talk Digital, aside from Ray continuing to do his thing".
Car Talk Will Never Die (jalopnik.com)

6 Likes

Good post! The website has a mix of everyday problems posted as well as more technical material. It’s more interesting than the SAE members’ website and also more practical!

2 Likes

Hooray for me, um, us… :wink:

It’s great sharing a part of my day with you guys and learning stuff I wouldn’t have an opportunity to otherwise. Keep humoring me!

2 Likes

"jtsanders,
It’s great sharing a part of my day with you guys and learning stuff I wouldn’t have an opportunity to otherwise. Keep humoring me!

Agree 100% I have learned a lot of stuff that I did not know before I joined this forum :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I would think a proctologists’ convention might be more interesting than the SAE website.

2 Likes

“with lots and lots of Car Talk fans being very nice to each other”

Ha ha ha. So watch your language then and attitude folks. You are being watched. You know who you are.

I read the tire article on Car Talk and I was not impressed . It read more like an ad for tire companies and some how I doubt if 800 shops were contacted for tire reviews .

As for the Community being vibrant it seems to be less active than it used to be .

I think Jalopnik is part of the Motor Trend business and that will not be something that I put much faith in.

If you look back a couple years ago you will see how many of the folks that added “vibrancy” to the conversation were pretty much chased out.

I enjoy some of their TV shows, including the Roadkill stuff, Hot Rod Garage, and Engine Masters. I like Texas Metal too. The shop owner always praises his employees and makes them an integral part of the delivery when the vehicle is done. The stuff they build is great, but it’s Bill Carleton’s management practices that impress me most. I know it’s a commercial for the shop, and I look past that.

1 Like