Water Logged Wrangler

I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler w/Freedom Hard Top that is four months old with 6,500 miles. The driver side carpet is saturated with water with no visable water entering the vehicle. I took it to the dealer and they said they have no idea where the water is coming from. Any ideas?

Dealers don’t know about water leaks unless there is a recall that happens to point to the exact location. A body shop may have a clue.

Try running water into the hood cowling while checking under the dash with a flashlight. The light will reflect off any water entering the vehicle. This is how I found a leak in the inner fender/firewall seam on a 2000 Blazer.

Similarly have someone spray water around the roof while you check the inside of the jeep with a flashlight for roof/window leaks.

Ed B.

i had the same issue, only it was the passenger side. In my case, the rubber seal at the top of the door was imperfect, water was running inside the seal to the bottom of the door, from where it excited the seal weep hole ending up under my feet, without leaving a visible trail. Resolution was replacing the door seal.