Warning light

By the way, in fairness to Yosemite, I should add that I added the dash symbols link after he posted.
:slight_smile:

If this is the international low brake fluid warning light it sucks! I would never get low brake fluid from this stupid icon.

If you think that one is bad, check out the
"Check Gas Cap Indicator Symbol"
in the link I posted.
It looks like a warning that you just ran over a pastry chef.

Well, itā€™s a little hard to argue with that article. I think GM should have placed it in a place other than the middle of the gas gauge. Iā€™m wondering if they could have misused the symbol.

Not likely.
The OP needs to get his/her brakes checked.

The box below the fuel gauge is called the message center on this vehicle. It is capable of displaying other warning symbols.

In another forum, the red warning light has now been identified as a ā€œlow coolant reservoirā€ warning light. A check of the brake fluid proved to be okay. In the morning, Iā€™ll check the coolant level.

That is not a coolant reservoir light. Itā€™s a low brake fluid light.
Please, I urge you, get your brakes checked.

Cooling system warnings have a nautical flag or buoy symbol to indicate water. You can continue to search for alternatives but you will still have a brake related fault. The problem may not be low fluid level. The light may be on due to a failing fluid level sensor or a problem with the combination valve.

A low coolant light is usually a radiator or thermometer icon. My vote is with the same mountainbike about checking the brakes.
If youā€™re lucky maybe the problem is a faulty or sticking brake fluid sensor.

Iā€™ll bet lunch that he simply needs a brake job.

Thatā€™s a good website! Thanks for the link, @the_same_mountainbike

Follow-Up: I took van to mechanic today. The warning light was identified by as low brake fluid signal. Reason light coming on was attributed to a faulty proportioning value. Value was replaced by mechanic who also bled brakes and topped up brake fluid as part of repair. Light stayed off during 5 minute drive home.

Thank you for returning to let us know what the solution was. So many OPs donā€™t bother.

It is always nice to have a good mechanic. A faulty proportioning valve will be remembered when this comes up again, thanks.

I guess I owe everyone lunch!
My place, 11:00 AM tomorrowā€¦ :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s the image I found that shows it as a yellow light. Iā€™m guessing yellow means low brake fluid level.

I canā€™t tell from this photo whatā€™s in the yellow rectangle. Iā€™ll post the link again.
http://dashboardsymbols.com/the-symbols/