VW Jetta wheel wobble help!

Normally using an open post to ask a different question is discouraged because the answers can get all screwed up with one another, but since you’re the original poster, I see no reason to open a new thread. Thank you for the sensitivity, however.

I had to look this REVO stage 2 up, but if I understand correctly it’s performance software. If that’s true, all I can suggest is that the only way to get more power out of a given engine without internal work is to get it to burn more fuel. Doing that with new programming is, simply, making it run richer. This might come at a cost in addition to the lower gas mileage. It may cause carbon to build in the catalytic converter and the upstream oxygen sensor. It might even cause carbon in the engine. If you’re having operating problems due to the REVO, or you’re experiencing carbon deposition on the car’s exterior panel near the tail pipe, you may want to reconsider keeping the REVO.

In short, yes, it’s part of the tune.

It’s highly unusual to find chassis bolts loose unless there was an underlying reason; someone loosened it for whatever reason, possible impact, etc. That being said, it’s also possible it was just that one in a million fluke that happened.
It may not always be done, but when I worked for dealers and performed a major service (60k, etc) part of the chassis inspection involved going over the suspension and subframe bolts. Two or three wrenches in hand combined with repetition meant this could be done in just a few minutes.

I’m not familiar with the REVO software but if it’s running rich then it just about has to be the injectors are being held open a bit too long or the ignition timing is being retarded too much; or both.

A partially clogged catalytic converter can also cause rich running which in turn just exacerbates the clogged converter situation. Not saying that’s the cause; just a possibility.

I noticed this with my brakes, went all out decided to change cv shafts, wheel bearings and new hubs, did moog tie rods control arms links and ball joints a while back, new tires too all aligned, theres a lil wobble or so called play in wheel like as if bearing is loose or bad now after everything is done and put back together when you check the wheel for movement, clueless trying to figure out why, any ideas, and it has new brakes calipers and rotors as well

Suggest to post your problem as a new topic. Click maintenance/repairs at the top left of t his page, then on the right top click “ask a question”. Be sure to include make/model/year.

2 Likes