Voodoo wiper blades

Is there a reason my wiper blades aren’t “docking” flush with my cowl? They used to quite nicely but now they leave about a 1" gap. Will this just get worse over time?

You must have violated some sacred tenet of the Honda ZEN. You need to go and purge more western anxiety from your life.

I don’t know about your Accord, but my older Ford’s are plague with the wiper parking demon. It’s nothing for them to park 180? out (full up)

Probably. Just remove the wiper arms and move both of them to the docking position. It’s just wear. Your vehicle is 12 years old so repeat the procedure in 2022.

They will dock if I step out of the car and give them a nice gentle nudge. Is it possible that friction on the blades themselves are simply going against the windshield surface? They are 9 months old…

The nudge is just doing the job of the wiper motor/wiper assembly. You would have to replace the wiper motor/wiper assembly to get them to act on their own. My suggestion has always worked on older vehicles.

If the blades are fairly new, I agree to Probably. Just remove the wiper arms and move both of them to the docking position I’ve found they can just slip on the post after so many years and just require a readjustment.

Thanks guys, looks like I have some Homework to do.

Wiper arms are a press fit spline to the stems and some have a master spline. R&I most likely will not work.