Volvo C70 Sensor Electronic Module

I bring my 2007 Volvo C70 to the local dealership to fix the clutch master cylindar and now when they are done they say the SEM (Sensor electronic module) is not working and the car sometimes won’t start and the wipers go on and off at random, in addition to other electronic issues. Is this the dealers fault? There were no issues with this when I brought the car to the dealership.

…Also, they say that they are giving me a discount by only wanting about $1,000 to fix it.

I doubt the dealer caused the problem but they are giving you a price break on the part.

I am not trying to be disrespectful, but hopefully the OP now realizes why so many of the veterans of this forum recommend that owners of Volvos, Mercedes, BMW, Mini, Rover, Alfa Romeo, and other European marques get rid of their cars when the factory warranty has ended.

Whether someone trades his vehicle in, or sells it privately, the cost of “normal” repairs for Volvos and other European marques is a LOT higher than the “normal” repair costs for Japanese, Korean, and American marques.