Volkswagen "Luv Bug" Commercial

Oh those Germans. If you go to Europe, the billboards have naked people on them so the culture is quite a bit different. I think it has something to do with too much time off and shorter work days or something.

I guess I’ve heard the Dean Martin singing but was on the computer and never paid attention to the commercial before but I agree it’s gross and tasteless for US consumption. I used to have a bug so I think the commercials are deceptive.

I had a bug, in fact two bugs. I was young. Trust me. Nearly everything is possible in there. I had a bug. I was young…

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
CSA

1 Like

Maybe that was the problem. There was no will.

I saw the commercial on a news network this morning and it seems quite innocent. How old and how ‘informed’ would a child need to be to recognize innuendo of the situation re a car bouncing at a distance of 100+ feet?

1 Like

The first time that I was in Italy, I was somewhat shocked (and delighted…) to see TV commercials for “breast cream”, complete with a half-naked woman applying it in a languid fashion. Yes, those commercials did run relatively late at night–in between Fiat and other car ads–but they were certainly much more daring than anything on US TV at any time of day.

If sex is possible in a '59 Corvette with the top on it’s possible anywhere… :wink:

1 Like

I have heard or something that a new 86 Mazda SE-5 long bed pick-up company “car” with a plastic “bed” liner (with deep not real comfortable ridges) stopped off the road on a warm summer night with lots of stars, works in a near emergency situation. :wink:
CSA

Would have been a a good point to start a discuss about birth control, and limits to family size, one or two. But then VW is in the business of selling cars, are they not? Aka Consumption…America!!!

I don’t really see it as inappropriate, especially compared to what children hear and talk about away rom their parents.

Seems to me the commercial works just great for VW…people are talking about it.

Yes I remember the old extremely popular alka seltzer tv ads, that did not help sales. A study found the ads people liked least were the most effective.