Vice grips are not safety equipment

now all he needs is a balloon for a air bag.

3 Likes

At least in the old days, if you saw this you knew the guy had stolen the car.

I told my buddy vise grips were useful but he never believed me, lol.

1 Like

In view of the positive drug test, apparently the driver has a very tight hold on vice.
If he could have gotten a tight hold on his VISE grips, maybe he wouldn’t have been pulled-over.

:thinking:

2 Likes

you just cant fix stupidity.

1 Like

I’m not substituting for a steering wheel. My tiller was stolen. Actually I bought the car that way and the dealer hasn’t installed the steering wheel yet. I bought the car “as ain’t.”

1 Like

Vice grip driving aids are an international phenomenon. Who knew?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that an affinity for vice is universal.
Now, if we could just get Vise Grips to be universally accepted–and properly used–we would have really achieved something.

1 Like

2 Likes

should of thrown hot water on it. then it would only have a cracked windshield instead of both. LOL

The other problem is stupidity breed’s. :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I bought a truck once with leaking rear wheel cylinders (I bought it cheap). To stop that pesky brake cylinder leak, they had clamped off the rear brake soft line using a pair of vice grips and a quarter. That was the bad news. The good news, you can do massive brake stands with no rear brakes, 4:10 rear gears, age hardened tires, and a small block Chevy!

1 Like

just for fun…
45 Pictures Of The Weirdest Things People Saw On The Road | Bored Panda

Re run

2 Likes

In 1996 I was retired from trucking and started driving school bus part time. I only worked afternoons and field trips, but the growing driver shortage soon had them calling me for morning runs, when a driver called in sick. There was no time to waste, those kids needed to get to school NOW. I de-iced my windshield many times with a pail of hot water, Never cracked.

1 Like

I have to admit that I used vice-grips as a wire connector once.

Vice grips might be the best tool ever invented… also the most abused!

5 Likes

I think that is because a school bus uses laminate vs. tempered glass on windshields. laminated is a lot stronger.

All windshields are laminate glass and have been for well over 50 (maybe 60?) years for all road vehicles. It is a legal requirement.

2 Likes