Used Mercedes C63, looking for general advice

As is typical with most European luxury cars, you should set aside about $2k every year for repairs on top of regularly-scheduled maintenance. If you’re not comfortable with that, then chances are you won’t enjoy the ownership experience.

I agree with all the above, just add that it would also depend on how many miles and what kind of miles you put on this car. Just wearing the tires a bit fast could add up.

Also, if you do not have warranty, try and find a good independent shop that works on MB, probably through the same forums.

Not much else you can do about it now though. You bought the car, enjoy it while it lasts.

Thank you guys for all your responses! I apologize for the late reply as I wasn’t in a place with internet recently but I came back to check on all of your advice. Firstly, the estimate for about $7k over the next five years was about the average that I was finding during my research unless the engine heads blow, in which case it’s a $10k job and the car is basically worthless, so let’s hope that doesn’t happen. However, it’s supposed to happen somewhere around 20-40k miles and I’m pushing 50k so I might be fine and I might not be, crossing my fingers.

Second, I asked just so I know to put the money aside and not overextend myself in my normal spending. I’m young and don’t have many expenses so I bought this car outright. Now that I know the most expensive repair and the estimated 5 year cost to own, I’m just going to set aside the $10k and hope nothing catastrophic happens.

Either way, I really appreciate everyone’s advice and if anyone wants updates, shoot me a pm :smiley:

1 Like

You sure it’s not the head gaskets?

Exactly where did you hear that the heads blow “somewhere around 20-40k miles” . . . ?

1 Like

Supposedly the cam shafts are not built correctly and there was a whole lawsuit in Jersey about it. Nothing came of it, but I was reading on the forum and through Reddit about the range of mileage on the problem.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M156_engine#M156_lawsuit

Maybe you should just relax, quit looking for negative internet posts and just drive and enjoy the vehicle.

1 Like