Used Car Sale QUESTIONS about the Sale Transaction

" No one wants to be taken advantage of.""

You sell the car at a price you are happy with so that you can get a quick sale. If someone else uses that as an opportunity to make money, I don’t think they took advantage of you, just the situation. You should only deal with your priorities.

If you want an instant sale, go to a car dealer and sell it. You might be surprised what they offer you. We sold a 1995 Windstar to CarMax in 2003 and were surprised at how much we got from them (in a good way). Maybe you did this already. If not, you can get an idea of what dealers might pay. It could add a couple hundred to your asking price.

I’ve never had a problem selling a car. Last summer we sold my mother-in-law’s 1994 Pntiac Sunbird for $750. The body was relatively clean and the milage low. The A/C had stopped working and the gas gage was erratic.

However, the girl who bought it needed to drive locally in a small town, and foud it a good deal for her.

Othe cars sold were a 1976 Ford Granada V8 coupe for $750 in 1990 to a ski bum, and a 1988 Caprice V8 for $1400 in 2007.

I use a variety of advertising. The local Auto Trader charges only $25 for a basic ad. The Bargain Finder is free for a 3 line ad. Posting a color pictrue on a supermarket bulletin board has proved to be successfual to sell the Caprice, a washer-dryer set, furnture, and a few other things. People actually enjoy reading these.

A college bulletin board is good if you are selling a basic econobox that a student would drive.